Forums » Singles' Discussion

Is it not too early?

• January 26, 2016 9:21 PM CET
    We've been friends for some couple of months now, then he proposed afterwards and now he is talking about marriage. I'm feeling its too early and everything is happening so pretty fast. I hope I'm not being sensitive
    • 212 posts
    January 27, 2016 12:18 PM CET

Early is relative. For people who have developed themselves in relational matters and are matured mentally,spiritually and emotionally,they get along quickly and proposal may come earlier than thought. For others who are immature emotionally and spiritually,proposal could so be early based on emotional entanglement without basic common ground.
    You also did not tell us if you accepted the proposal although you sound like you did,if you did then you can still tell him to give you more time to be very convinced.

You need to walk into marriage delibrately and not feel as if you are being rushed. It is a conscious and deliberate decision to be with someone for life and so you do not have to rush the process.

Tell him,you need more time.

Besides,Have you been able to find out what drives the man? Everyman has a drives and a passion to be discovered. Do you have a clue where he is driving you to before becoming a permanent passenger. Does your values,belief and conviction resonate close frequencies.

You need to ask questions

Lastly,Ask God to open you up to know him,scripture says,know no man by the flesh.So ask God to expose his heart,spirit,intention and motives and then if you find peace,why not

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at January 27, 2016 12:37 PM CET
    • 26 posts
    January 27, 2016 3:47 PM CET

Hmmmmmmm

Sometimes we pray for rain and when rain comes and we are asking God why its rainin so early

Last year I could remember a devotional talking about overwhelming blessings - everything happen sooo fast you wont be able to catch up.

Its very easy to be sceptical of things happening but that been said as long you are sure you have been staying with God and haven sougth God's face and proper conviction then proceed.