Forums » Singles' Discussion

He asked my sister out

• March 5, 2016 2:01 AM CET
    My elder sister introduced me to his friend in USA and we got talking, so after a while he proposed to me then he told me before I said yes that he needed to tell me something. He said he once asked my elder sister out some years back but she turned him down , after this information I began to feel insecure even though my elder sister is now happily married with a kid. Please i need some advice on how to go about this . Thank you
    • 212 posts
    March 8, 2016 12:33 PM CET

First I am more interested in the relationship and not what anyone will say

How did you court? How long did the courtship last? Have you seen him face to face or you have only heard his voice? 

Are you saying your sister was never aware of the frienship process? Was it a secret relationhip and are you suppose to accept a proposal without some family input? There are a lot of lines missing in your statement. If your sister introduced you two,you should have kept her abreast with the status seeing she is already married.

Do not accept the proposal yet,talk to your sister first and be sure he only asked your sister out and not something much deeper. If what he had with your sister was very superficial,then there is nothing wrong if you have gotten a CONVICTION to go ahead with him.

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at March 9, 2016 1:24 PM CET