Forums » Singles' Discussion

My Pastor said I must not do a loud wedding

• March 8, 2016 8:45 PM CET
    My father in the Lord has been telling me for a long time not to do a loud wedding and I've been praying about it, but right now my in-laws are on the other side of the coin. My fiancée happens to come from a very wealthy family and her mother is a well renowned politician. The way they are planning the whole thing is becoming loud already even though I've told my fiancée I don't want a political wedding as she's also aware of the warning ,yet she's saying I should understand as she is the only child. Please I need some advice on how to go about this because she is really making everything difficult.
    • 212 posts
    March 9, 2016 1:20 PM CET

Well,i think your pastor has a reason for saying you should not have a loud wedding. It is a logical reasoning and not a spiritual one. you cannot tell your fiancee's familiy to do a small wedding because of the their political status. Just do your wedding, loud or moderate. Also talk to your pastor again and update him with the happening. It may just be he does not want you to spend much ..the heart of a true father....it is simple. Also ensure you don't  go into debt because of wedding. If your fiancee's family is wealthy and wants to take care of some stuff,it is okay but do not let them coerce you into spending money you do not have. after the wedding is more important.

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at March 10, 2016 10:12 AM CET
  • March 13, 2016 2:54 PM CET
    Can you ask your Pastor why He said you shouldn't so loud wedding ? He is a shepherd and your the sheep,he should be able to shed more lights on the issue . God will lead you #we have to be careful with things also#