Forums » Singles' Discussion

He does not want me to pursue my dream

• April 5, 2016 3:43 AM CEST
    My fiancé is asking me to drop my dream for something else if I really want a future with him, he has always been skeptical about me being a model. He's said it jokingly over time that I should better pursue another dream wondering how a minister's wife will be a model. Having a calling to start a healing ministry soon he really wants me to pursuing another dream. I'm so confused about what to do as I love my fiancé and also love my dreams. Please what should I do?
    • 194 posts
    April 5, 2016 9:28 AM CEST

If you indeed truly love him and believe in the ministry God has given to him, then you have to let go of that "modelling" dream. Yea. It doesnt stop you from dressing well, but you cant pursue that as a career. So, its up to you. Have God spoken to you about him and the relationship? Make sure you hear well before taking that step. Ask God to re-direct your step to be able to fulfill your role in his destiny.

• 212 posts
    April 6, 2016 11:25 AM CEST

God sent a woman to help a man and a proof that you have found your man is that you will be the right fit to help him.

If you are already having conflict now,I do not need to hear God to know you are heading for a stormy marriage.

People's desire do not just die like that.

Purpose and Passion are stronger than marriage and if you marry and do not follow your passion,you will regret it long term.

Can two walk together unless they agree?

You guys have  to come to a compromise if that relationship must work.

Also is modelling a long term dream or just for now. Do you intend going to fashion line and then establish clothing line and even a modelling agency. If this is your dream and he cannot come to a compromise on how to make it work,then you have to forget this love thing and take a walk.

If it is a short term dreams and you have other areas to explore that are complementary to his vison,the you can explain to him and go back to prayers and get clarity.

He also have to come to a compromise else I advice you walk away from prevent future heartache.

Being a minister's wife require a very large heart and you must be designed for it oo. It should come natural and not something you force.It has to resonate with you.

On the issue of compromise,go and read about pastor Poju Oyemade and his wife and get wisdom. I just love his wife professional profile. I do not know how she combines being the frst lady of Convenant christian center and being a media entrepreneur.

You guys can work it out if you guys can reach a compromise

If this is not possible,forget love and move on with your dream. God would give you a man who would understand you.

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at April 6, 2016 11:31 AM CEST