Forums » Ladies Forum

The Union of Two Good Forgivers

• 300 posts
    August 5, 2016 2:59 PM CEST
    Matthew 18:21' Then came peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times?
    22' Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until Seventy times seven(490).

Can your partner offend you 490 times, dats if you want to be counting it. I think not. But even if yes, what does the bible say..it says in all this times, we should forgive, and not only forgive, I want to add it should be on time. That is what would give you peace of mind and happiness in your home. Yes, it might not be easy especially if it's a grievous one, but that's why we have the Holy spirit within us; Phil 4:13 says ' I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.
    Forgiveness has saved a lot of marriages and relationships, that's why we need to learn to forgive on time. I read somewhere ; A happy Marriage is the Union of two Good forgivers.
    I ask my self, if God can forgive me for all my trespasses, who am I not to forgive my partner. It's christ we are emulating and that should be our standard . Not sister Bisi relationship or how sister or is cilia dealt with her husband. Do you even know what they are going through. Christ is the author of Marriage itself, so we follow him. He says in our Lords prayer; Forgive us our trespasses, as often as we forgive those around you. Let go of that pride and Ego, and forgive your man so that you can enjoy your relationship and Marriage. Don't let any little thing annoy you. If you have anger issues, Seek your pastor or somebody you can talk to and try to work on it.
    If we look down the chapter to verse 23, we would see how a king forgave a servant after he begged for mercy. But on meeting one of his friends or let me say our partner or spouse, we don't want to forgive. It shouldn't be so.
    Bible says - Blessed are the Merciful, for they shall obtain Mercy. Let's be merciful. Remain Blessed.