Forums » Pearl's Cafe

CHRONICLES OF GREATNESS 26: Aimee Semple Macpherson

• 199 posts
    August 11, 2016 10:14 PM CEST
    CHRONICLES OF GREATNESS
    FROM GOD'S GENERALS
    AIMEE SEMPLE MACPHERSON

REMINDER! REMINDER!! REMINDER!!!

“I watched the couple that sat opposite me with keen interest and I saw their countenance fall like the sunny day that suddenly turned cloudy. They were obviously disappointed. This couple reminded me of a couple I’ve known all my life. The whole scenario felt like I had seen it before.”
    “Please help us ma, we have heard so much about you and how you’ve helped transform the lives of young girls. We know you can help our daughter.” Mrs. Aina pleaded.

Excerpts from Diamond in the Rough Book One: Corper Shun!!!

The book is out. It's been out since January 31, 2016. Corper Shun!!! The first in the Diamond in the Rough Series.
    The promo has started! Call it bonaza! Call it “Awoof!” It started August 1, 2016 and people have started placing their orders! Hurry now and be among the first 500 people to place order for the reprint will pay N500 only. This offer lasts till the end of September in anticipation to deliver at the forthcoming KHC Camp meeting (For those that will be present). Those that will not be present due to distance or work, arrangements have also been made on how you can get it. If you have read it online, you only read a tip of the story, the full story is encapsulated in the Novel. I have also done a short video on comments about the book and the author. Kindly click the link below to see the Video and details on how to place your order:

https://youtu.be/ql0YYLf1TYM />
    Order for your copy now!!!

Now to today's General! Happy Reading! Happy Learning!

Aimee Semple Macpherson (A woman of Destiny)

Born October 9, 1890 near Salford, Ontario, Canada to James Morgan and Mildred “Minnie” Kenedy.

Her father was 50 years when he married her mother who was only 15years old.

Prior to the marriage, her mother was an orphan who had been orphan was a fervent labourer with the Salvation Army.

She felt the call to ministry and evangelized day and night in cities throughout Ontario until she read in the paper one day about the Kennedy's need for a live-in nurse to care for the ailing Mrs. Kennedy. She accepted the position and set ministry aside.

After Mrs. Kennedy died, Minnie remained in the Kennedy home. Not long after, Mr Kennedy asked her to marry him which she agreed.

The day after their marriage, Minnie prayed to God to forgive her for not answering the call and requested that God would give her a baby girl who would do all and more that she could not do for the Lord especially in preaching the word.

The Lord granted this request and soon after Minnie was pregnant with a female child.

...to be continued.

Reference: Liardon, R. (1996). God's Generals: Why they succeeded and why some failed. California, USA: Whitaker House.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl /> And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1
    Thank you!
    This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at August 11, 2016 10:22 PM CEST