Forums » Pearl's Cafe

CHRONICLES OF GREATNESS 27: Maria Woodworth Etter

• 199 posts
    August 12, 2016 12:46 PM CEST
    CHRONICLES OF GREATNESS
    FROM GOD'S GENERALS

Maria Woodworth Etter (Demonstrator of the Spirit)

REMINDER! REMINDER!! REMINDER!!!
    “It all began in 2002. I had been numbering my days since 8th October when I went to school to collect my call-up letter for my NYSC, a national youth service program in Nigeria.”

Excerpts from Diamond in the Rough Book One: Corper Shun!!!

The book is out. It's been out since January 31, 2016. Corper Shun!!! The first in the Diamond in the Rough Series.
    The promo has started! Call it bonaza! Call it “Awoof!” It started August 1, 2016 and people have started placing their orders! Hurry now and be among the first 500 people to place order for the reprint will pay N500 only. This offer lasts till the end of September in anticipation to deliver at the forthcoming KHC Camp meeting (For those that will be present). Those that will not be present due to distance or work, arrangements have also been made on how you can get it. If you have read it online, you only read a tip of the story, the full story is encapsulated in the Novel. I have also done a short video on comments about the book and the author. Kindly click the link below to see the Video and details on how to place your order:

https://youtu.be/ql0YYLf1TYM />
    Order for your copy now!!!

Now to today's General! Happy Reading! Happy Learning!
    Maria Woodworth Etter (Demonstrator of the Spirit)
    Born 1844 on a Lisbon Ohio Farm.
    She got born again at age 13.
    She heard the call of God early enough but was constrained because she was a woman and women at that time were not allowed to preach.She decided she would marry a missionary in order to fulfil her call.
    Having decided this, she planned to continue her education.
    After some time, tragedy struck her close knitted family. Her father was killed while working in the fields of their farm, so she had to go support her mother.
    She left her formal eduction and settled into what she thought was a christian life style.
    During the civil war, she met P.H Woodworth, an old soldier who had gone home after been discharged with a head injury. They courted for some time, got married and she had six children for him.
    She tried to settle into the normal family life but the call came again, yet she could not answer because she was exasperated in the work as a house wife, mother and her husband had no desire for ministry.
    Disease struck the land and five out of six of her children died.

Digression: Permit me to include here that God did not strike her family with the disease and some think. She exposed herself to the enemy by staying out of the will of God. Psalm 91:1 – He who dwells in the secret place of the most high, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    We would also see the expression of God's mercy who still preserved her life and gave her another chance... let's continue.

Continuation: She pulled herself but her husband could not.

After this, she went in search of God's word and saw how women were used by God in the Bible. She still felt reluctant until she had a vision where Angels visited her. After this vision, she prayed that God would anoint her with great power.

...to be continued.

Reference: Liardon, R. (1996). God's Generals: Why they succeeded and why some failed. California, USA: Whitaker House.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl /> And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1
    This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at August 12, 2016 12:47 PM CEST