Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Corper Shun!!! The Story So far... 3

• 199 posts
    April 11, 2015 3:03 AM CEST

CORPER SHUN!!!

The Story So far...

Episode Nine

After the “drama” we left the college building. At that time, afternoon was gradually slipping into evening and the number of students had reduced, as well as the noise and excited chatter. Shaye pulled me close to him and put his hand round my neck like he usually did when we walked together.

As we walked down, my thoughts drifted, I was so excited with the feeling of going to serve in Lagos that I forgot my love was close to me. “Am tired of being a virgin, this is my first relationship. Mum and Dad must not even know I'm dating anyone. I have been a good girl enough. Afterall, I graduated with a 2:1 GPA and the way these girls talk about sex, it sounded exciting and not harmful in the least” “This so called bad girls in school look happy and get the 'big dons.'” “Is there really joy in being a bad girl? Or are these girls just pretending?...”

Episode Ten

These and many other thoughts ran through my mind. As an only child, I had been under the compulsory protection of my parents.

My thoughts drifted again to my 'would-be' adventure and questions. Then finally I sighed and told myself “Well, I’ll find out when I get there.”

Derin!” Shaye shook me. Apparently, I had forgotten I was with him. He had poured out his heart, told me what he thought about when we were upstairs, but I did not hear a single word. I had been carried away in my world.

I felt so terrible, I stopped walking and I stopped him too, I turned to him, looked into his brown piercing eyes and said again “I'm sorry love, I got carried away, I am just excited about the whole thing and imagining what it would be like in another city. You know having being born, bred and buttered in Jos, I am just excited that finally I will be away from my parent for a whole year. I've heard so much about Lagos and going there now thrills me”

Episode Eleven

As if he saw something for the first time, Shaye looked at me wide eyed “So you mean you did not hear all I was saying?”

I was determined to get it over with, I never wanted to hurt Shaye, so as he walked forward I stood in front of him and said “ha ha now, but I said I am sorry, you know am a great listener, today is just different. Sweet? Talk to me love,”

Irene was one of my course mates, we went to the same secondary school. She was a beautiful, shapey girl too, nominated for Miss Shape in secondary school, two-time punctuality prefect, best debater of our set then and best behaved student. We were of the same height and I really liked and admired her. I was so glad to see her again when we ended up in the same University. “Irene where were you posted?” I asked, “My dear, it's Lagos o!” she replied. “Wow! This is good, I'm loving this!” I said, obviously excited. Irene was surprised, “shu, why?” “I am also posted to Lagos too!” I told her happily! “Wow! That’s great, we blessed God, which means we will be together!” She said in her 'spirikoko' way.

Episode Twelve

“Spirikoko” is yet another expression used in Nigeria for Born Again Christians who are 100% devoted to their service and dedication to God. This is usually reflected in their conduct and conversations with people.

I was glad to have Irene posted to Lagos. At least, I'd have a familiar face with me in Lagos. I was definitely going to miss my dear Annabel but we would talk on phone and visit each other. Sometimes I wondered why Irene and I had to be together for so long; same secondary school, same University now we were going to serve at the same place.

There was a long pause after Irene left, then, Shaye spoke up, “I’ll miss you Derin but don’t worry, I’ll be faithful to you” he said as he placed his right palm on my cheek gently. I rested my face in his palm and held his hand tightly to my cheek and said “Me too” Shaye. Then we shared our plans with each other after which, we ate and left for our various houses.

Shaye and I alighted at the last bus stop to my house, we hugged each other tightly and bade ourselves farewell.

Episode Thirteen

As I walked home happily. Home as at then was my Aunty's house at Osun State. I got there a day to when I was supposed to go get my call up letter and I was to leave the day after. I took the first bus to Jos the next morning.

As I walked towards the entrance door of the house, I braced up myself and adjusted my countenance. I told myself whatever mum and dad would do, I was determined to go serve in Lagos even if I had to leave the house without their consent. I was prepared to fight, I was set to stand up for myself no more mummy and daddy's rule. I was ready to be a rebel.

For full story of the first four episodes, kindly go to http://kissesandhuggs.org/pearl-s-cafe

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.