Forums » Singles' Discussion

I have been living with my boyfriend for the past three months

• May 4, 2015 7:23 AM CEST

I have been living with my boyfriend for the past three months. Our engagement is slated for next month. I read articles here and I knew it was wrong. I wanted to leave his house till our engagement, but he refused and said if I leave, that is the end. What should I do? Please advse.

• 11 posts
    May 6, 2015 8:42 AM CEST
    Do you both have a pastor or councillor you confide in? Pls meet your councillor now. Let me also ask you this: have you made your fiance your alpha and omega? Has your parents/guidance disown you or you have disown them? See friend, a man that is threatening you in relationship will do the worse in marriage. #true love waits#
  • K T
    • 19 posts
    May 12, 2015 11:53 AM CEST

My dear, though, i don't know what prompted you to start leaving with him, but my advice to you is to talk to him. He might think you are leaving his place in order to have freedom to do something else. Let him understand the reason why you want to leave. Also, don't always read this devotional alone, try and read the devotionals together. Ask the Holy Spirit to convince him.

If he still insists, meet with an authority figure (probably a pastor) both of you respect and let him know because i believe your pastor won't even accept that before marriage. Both of you should agree on where you are to stay, peradventure, if your parent resides in a far location.