Forums » Couples

My wife is closer to her mum than she is to me.

• January 21, 2015 6:52 AM CET

My wife is closer to her mum than she is to me. In fact, they are the ones taking decisions for me. She is constantly on phone with her parents and all my attempts to make her see I don't like it have not been successful. We fight daily because she won't stop calling them. Please, what can I do and how can I handle it better as a man?

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at January 21, 2015 6:52 AM CET
    • 22 posts
    January 21, 2015 8:43 AM CET
    It's well my bro, you really need to be patient in this kind of situation, sit her down when there is no fight, let her see reasons that it not healthy for your marriage, cos there is no way they won't be baised to you, ask her if she is going to choose btw the her parents and you, it's well.
    • 3 posts
    January 21, 2015 3:41 PM CET
    Sincerly @olufunke has said it all. You really need to be patient. Girls and their parents have a special bond and when that bond is very tight, it is very difficult to loosen. I will just advice you to put matters in prayer, let God show you the way and settle things. For now pls don't fight with her. Better still whenever she's busy on d phone with her parents, ignore her. When you do that for a month or 2, she will sit up and think 2ce