Forums » "Musings" with Ola Kris

Romantic Lessons For Couples

• 6 posts
    June 6, 2015 11:31 AM CEST

Opening glee....

(Boy meets gurl...ooophs...great chemistry...the shape the curves...the face) 

Lagbaja: Who's Dat chick? What's up babe? I am Lagbaja but ma buddies kinda call me "Lagbs",you feel me,and you are..?

Temedun: Yeah I know you,bloke. Am "Temdy". Temedun,really! wetin dey?

Lagbaja: Yeah I full ground o,just chilling,you wanna join. Come on babe, I DO U,kinda em..like Nike you know? feel me?

Temedun: Yeah,sure. What do you do? I work with the bureau.

Lagbaja: Yeah, Bureau,I used to pitch there but I got fired,no I mean I got tired of 'em. Eh,say,you care for a drink?I can do with one. I'm farmished,kind of,feel me?

Temedun: Sure thing,got 20 minutes till lunch break ends. I like fanta!

Lagbaja: Me I do coca-cola...I quit booze,you feel me?!

Temedun:Not yet,patronise me,rascal!

Lagbaja:Dude,you feel me. I get the flow!

(History...4 years gone....and then....)

D-Day...

Mr Lagbaja 
    weds Lady Temedo

M.C: Pop da champagne...everbody raise your glasses...to da bride and groom....

Witnesses:To da bride and groom.....yippeeeeee!!!!!Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!

God: What I have joined together,let no man put assunder.

(History.....5 years gone.....2 sweet kids....

unresolved, resolved,unresolved, issues. Nothing serious really)

G-O-I-N-G......gbam....

(History....
    10 years...2 more sweet kids...
    negligence,naggings..in-laws,disrespects)

G-O-I-N-G.........gbam...

(History......1 more year...reduced
    affection,alcoholism,financial issues,
    reduced/no sex,alcohol,extra-marital flings..nothing serious,really)

G-O-I-N-G...Gbosa...!

Temedun: You smell of alcohol,you deceived me!

God: Easy,people,easy.

Lagbaja: To hell with you,idiot.

God: Hey,people,easy there..caution.

Temedun: To hell with your mother, the witch!

Lagbaja: You dare call she who gave me suck a witch,now I've had enough.

(A-B-U-S-E-S....B-L-O-W-S......F-I-G-H-T-S.....S-T-R-U-G-G-L-E-S)
    C-R-A-S-H..............END!!!

JUDGE:
    This is my verdict. Upon evidences presented before me as testimonies and for irreconciliable differences and for safety of lives and peoperties,I hereby dissolve this union.Costudy of the kids goes to the.......

God: Gather the fragments of your lives,let's begin AFRESH..You wanna return to your ex or I get you another.....?????

When marriages crash,it brings all manner of hurts not only to people who were directly involved but also to members of the immediate family and friends. Unfortunately some unions are better dissolved than continued.It all depends solely on the 'players' and counsels availabe.I have sadly witnessed the begining,troubled midlle and tragic end of some marriages dear to my heart.In these series I shall attempt at making suggestions that may be of help to couples.

While I do not pretend to know too much about marrital issues, I would merely analyze and give advice based on stuffs I have handled in my own relationship and in countless marriages,relationships and individuals I have had the rare priviledge of been a part of.I shall very well protect identities of people that I may use as case study, except my own identity. I shall try as much as possible to be practical in my approach.

D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-C-E-S
    I have realised also that people are different and so are marriages,so I wont pretend not to know that methods of resolving differences may vary from one marriage to another. Having said that, I would admire us to get help from God's manual on marriage:His Word. I believe if we are submissive to admonitions from scriptures,we would readily have control over issues that may attempt to destroy marriages,either ours or of people close to our hearts.

I here write particularly for married people but I believe these lessons may as well be put to heart by the yet-to-be-marrieds. And to be frank,we have very many single men and women who tend to be more matured than the married,perhaps out of experiences gained from a truncated relationship.

P-R-A-C-T-I-C-A-L  C-O-N-T-R-I-B-U-T-I-O-N-S
    We would admire contributions and or suggestions that are based on experiences from interested contributors and not theories. The Bible is filled with practical issues and experiences. Someone's failure so to speak could save another marriage from crashing. Be practical and possibly,like me,use your personal experience(s)

LESSON 1:    REMEMBER AND HONOUR YOUR VOWS
    Vows are made every now and then,easily uttered but may casualy be forgotten. Marrital vows,of which I write are essentially words spoken and received at the occassion of joining:whether in a registry or at a religious function.Vows are easily uttered but may easily be forgotten.Vows are only useful if they are honoured and may only be honoured if they are remembered.

Psalm 61:8 "I will sing praise unto your name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.

Vows are to be remembered and honoured DAILY. Couples are to commence their day every time they wake up with thoughts about the vows they uttered on their wedding day.

"I do"...."In sickness"...."In health"...."In prosperity"...."In adversity"...."I will love you above every other human being"...."With this ring I wed thee"...."I leave father and mother"...."I cleave to you"...."Till death do us part" etc.

We must understand here that apart from the priest and other witnesses at wedding venues, God IS a major witness.

Mal 2:14 "Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

Let couples put their vow into perspective before they act or speak. This simple consideration would make them be cautious of untowards acts or utterances.

Mal 2:15  Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

Couples must take heed to their spirits. The spirit of a person,if regenerated, will caution,direct and instruct if listened to.

Look out for Lesson 2