Forums » Singles' Discussion

I dont like his face and height

• July 4, 2015 7:50 AM CEST

How can I love my fiance. I feel God is leading me to him but he is not fine at all. I dont like his face and height. Also, he is not "tush" when he speaks. What should I do?

• 1 posts
    July 4, 2015 10:05 AM CEST
    Honestly, am not sure how you got engaged to someone u don't like but still pray about it and look for what you actually like about him apart from his face. If nothing, then i suggest you take a break and pray for God to help you love him or send somebody else as the case may be.
    • 2 posts
    July 4, 2015 5:18 PM CEST

I will share what God has been teaching me in the recent past and i think Pastor Dunamis has shared some of the ideas in his posts. It is important to have Body (physical attraction), soul (mind and emotions) and spirit connection (You connect spiritually) with someone you are considering for marriage.  Please listen to this teaching by Pastor Jon Courson (A match made in heaven) and your thinking will be totally changed. May the Lord guide you. http://www.joncourson.com/teaching/teachingsplay.asp?teaching=S3002

• 8 posts
    July 4, 2015 11:13 PM CEST
    I think the first issue to sort out hre is your conviction. How definite are you that God is the one leading you to him? Of course you must knw how vital this is - as a foundation is to a building.
    Once you settle the issue of conviction and it's God's leading, I'll advise you 'don't judge a book by its cover'. What I mean by this is; looking beyond the container, focusing on the content and not the container, i.e. what has he got to offer, (not in terms of material nw) does he has a prospect and future, is he an ambitious person or NFA.
    Low/no attraction as this often times comes up as a result of personal standard(s) (gods) we've set for ourselves which number of times doesn't go in line with God's will. Once this occurs, conflicts like no attraction sets in.
    When you're sure the person is God's leading, next step is removal of every altar in form of personal standard and you'll begin to see him in a better perspective. Every human being has the potential of greatness and being better, a raw unrefined gold is easily mistaken for a common stone, in fact, it takes professional mining experience to identify it, but after the refinement, we all knw what becomes of it. The unattractive person today might become irresistible tomorrow, an uneducated person of today might become a professor tomorrow. It like a precious treasure in a clay jar....
    So therefore my sister, God is sending him to you or you to him for a purpose, and who knows, maybe to "tush" him up and make him a centre of attraction. Provided he's the teachable type, you can help him out and at the end you'll reap the reward(s) of your labour.
    This post was edited by Omotayo Omotoso at July 6, 2015 9:53 AM CEST
    • 212 posts
    July 7, 2015 12:08 PM CEST

God is love and he would not lead you to a man you would not have the capacity to love. You have a will and God will not override that. It is only the devil that forces his willmon people.God would not. It is disastrous to marry a man you do are not physically attracted to,spirtually compatible ,emotionally appealing and mentally compatible.If you feel danger and fear in your decision,then you need to pause.Pls do not rush in and rush out