Forums » Pearl's Cafe

platoon Two, Ep 18- Lagos Camp Experience Week 1

• 199 posts
    July 5, 2015 7:18 AM CEST

PLATOON TWO

Last Episode

I walked as fast as I could towards the gate yet I kept looking back frequently like someone sneaking out of the house trying hard not to wake anyone to avoid the soldier sighting me. As I moved towards the gate the vision got clearer. It was Irene!

When we arrived the parade ground, we were told parade rehearsal had been postponed to evening time because of those who were yet to complete their registration. This afforded Irene and I more time together.

“Hey, Sweetie, nice see you again” the male voice called again. It was the bow legged John Paul. I knew his voice but I ignored and walked on. He came close and double crossed me. I had to stop. He ended his last few words by letting with one of his fingers run from my left shoulder down to my elbow; he looked at me and licked his lips lustfully.

“Don't you ever, I repeat don't you ever run your filthy finger on my body again. The next time you try it, you will be sorry.” I hissed and walked off.

It's not over yet baby!” I heard him shout and laugh hysterically behind me as I walked off.

For full story of episode 17, please click 'Back to topics' at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You.

Episode 18

LAGOS CAMP EXPERIENCE -WEEK 1

As I walked off, I thought about what just happened. I was a little scared. It was not what I had bargained for. John Paul looked quite rough, he was a fellow corps member like I was and he had nothing to offer me. All these thoughts ran to and fro my head like rats playing in an abandoned building.

Where on this camp is Sheila?” I thought aloud. “I'm sure she has connections for me” I said to myself again.

Since Sheila and I got to the camp the first day, I had not seen her after she dropped her bag. She sounded like she would be my guardian on camp, she looked like someone who knew people or something I did not know.

Derin! Where in the world have you been?” My thoughts were interrupted by Lewa's question. “I found myself speaking to the wind, I did not know when you left my side on our way to the parade ground the other time.”

Oh sorry” I responded “I saw my friend from school and I had to go help her.” I said dryly. Lewa noticed the dryness in my voice and wanted to ask but I gave her the don't ask me look which she understood and kept quiet.

By the way, three of us will be sharing the mattress tonight, pending the time we will be given our rooms. I hope you don't mind?” I asked.

Oh no, It's fine. I'm happy to share. It's a camp isn't it?” She responded and laughed, I just smiled.

So, do you want to tell me about our new bedmate?” She asked teasing. I looked at her in shock, and then she laughed.

Of course you know what I mean, your friend that just came in.”

Yea, her name is Irene, we went to the same school, we've been together from secondary school. That's all I can say for now.” I responded.

So what did I miss?” I asked as I tried to loosen up.

Well, not much, I had lunch already and there is an announcement for those that want to join OBS. That announcement was made though when you left the lecture earlier. That was what I was telling you after the lecture, did not know you had left me” She said.

What's OBS?” I asked.

Orientation Broadcast Station, like a radio station on camp. Interview is next wednesday if you are interested.” She explained.

As we gisted, we both walked to where Irene was and Irene was already through with her registration. After I introduced Lewa and Irene, we left the registration spot together. Just then, the bugle was blown and we had to go to the parade ground.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!