Forums » Singles' Discussion

I struggle with negative self esteem!

• July 16, 2015 8:16 AM CEST

I am a single and born again. But I struggle with negative self esteem. How can I get out of it?

• 8 posts
    July 16, 2015 12:37 PM CEST
    The best way of tackling a prblm is by facing it.
    Jabez and Jephthah are good reference points here.
    First, identify the source of the this issue, it much often than not, stems out of what people around say about you and this, most often comes from family members or those that are close to one because whatever they say to us has impact on us, either we like it or not. Your brother or sister says "you look beautiful today" and throughout the day you're cheerful, let's think it otherwise....
    Second thing to do is to know your right and stand. In light of the scriptures, discover who you are, who has made you to be, what your potentials are in juxtaposition with what they say that formed that thought. Psalm 139:14 talks of how good formed you. Remember in Genesis, God created man in His image but while man was sleeping, the enemy came...
    1 Chronicle 4:9 started with Jabez's potential but later how his mother reprogrammed him. Judges 11 started with the potential of Jephthah and later what men wanted out of him.
    Human being will desire something out of you; left to you to let be or not. Best thing is to discover who you are, who God has destined you to be.
    Third thing to do is what Jabez did - he cried unto God the maker. Why? Cos he's been deformed. How? By the words men uttered to his life. A mystery is that spoken words become spirit and manoeuvre people's life and that's why curse comes to pass. Imagine how Jabez would have ended if he had not prayed.
    The next step now profess good things to your life and live up to your potentials just as Jephthah did; he wouldn't let what his brothers said and did pull him down and at the end, he ruled over them.
    Believe in yourself and act it out cos what your faith will not carry God will not give you.
    • 1 posts
    July 19, 2015 8:19 PM CEST
    You alone recongnizing these as a problem is a victory sign... The word of God is a mirror, if you can look into the word of God on a daily basis, you can put away every negative self esteem. When the spies were sent to spy the land, ten of them came back with a negative report because they don't know what God has said concerning them... They said "and we were in our own eyes like grasshoppers and they were like giants". But joshua and caleb came back and said we are well able... Do you know while joshua and caleb choose to be different? Because they know what God says concerning them! For you to be able to put away every negative self esteem, know what God says concerning you.
    • 60 posts
    July 22, 2015 12:25 AM CEST
    Its not just what has been spoken to you that creates poor or negative self esteem, that though is a source but another source is ignorance if you don't know better, this could cause this, so my advice is to go for knowledge and never get satisfied eat more and more." You are nothing more than what you know"
    This post was edited by Akaninwor Young at July 22, 2015 12:30 AM CEST