Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Platoon Two, Ep 21 - Lagos Camp Experience Week 1

• 199 posts
    July 25, 2015 9:25 AM CEST

PLATOON TWO

Last Episode

One of the corps members had fainted on the last line of the last platoon which was Platoon ten and the lady just in front of her had screamed out of fear. The soldiers took the girl to the Camp hospital as everybody went about their other businesses for the day.

Phew! I'm so hungry, any where to eat?” Irene blurted out.

Yes, they close by 9:30pm, we can still make it.” I replied.

Ok, lets go, I'm so famished, I could swallow a cow” She said. We laughed as we left the room.

For full story of episode 20, please click 'Back to topics' at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You.

Episode 21

LAGOS CAMP EXPERIENCE -WEEK 1

It was a beautiful night with Irene because we had a lot to talk about. We had to leave Maami Market on time because of light out at 10pm. By the time we got to the hostel at 9:30pm, Lewa was asleep. So Irene and I gisted all through into mid night. We had to go to sleep at 1am for the early morning jogging at 5:30am.

After the morning prayers usually done one the field before the jogging, we left according to platoons for the early morning exercise.

We jogged to and fro for close to 90mins singing interesting parade songs and making faces at one another.

The military officers led the corp members, there were also some at the middle and at the end of the lines to guide and guard the corp members. The Red Cross team followed us diligently to administer First Aid treatment to those that sustained injury along the way.

When we got back to the parade ground, we assembled to our respective positions and we were given instructions for the day. The commandant climbed up the podium and commanded

Attention!” The Corps Members obliged by stamping our feet on the ground with our hands and legs closed, our chins up and heads straight to stand at attention.

At ease” he said and we immediately obeyed with our legs apart to stand at ease.

It is time to rehearse the NYSC Anthem,” The Commandant announced.

Attention!” He commanded again. We stood at attention.

Sing!” He yelled!

Youths Obey the Clarion

Let us lift our Nation high

Under the sun or in the Rain

With Dedication and selflessness

Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve!”

We all sang with confidence and pride. We were required to sing the second and third verse which with did fluently.

An aura of satisfaction radiated the commandant's face but being a military officer that he was, he kept a straight face.

At ease!” He yelled again and we all stood at ease.

Go quickly to your respective rooms, get refreshed and be back here at 12pm prompt for the final parade rehearsal for those that will be participating in the Match Parade for those that will not be participating, report here at 1:30pm to get ready for the opening ceremony at 2pm prompt. Is that clear?” He yelled.

Yes sir!” We answered.

Is that clear?” He said again.

Yes sir!” We responded. He said it the third time and we responded the third time.

You are dismissed!” He finally responded and everybody dispersed to their various rooms.

... to be continued

Copyright © 2015 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!

PLATOON TWO

Last Episode

It was a beautiful night with Irene because we had a lot to talk about. We had to leave Maami Market on time because of light out at 10pm. By the time we got to the hostel at 9:30pm, Lewa was asleep. So Irene and I gisted all through into mid night. We had to go to sleep at 1am for the early morning jogging at 5:30am.

The military officers led the corp members, there were also some at the middle and at the end of the lines to guide and guard the corp members. The Red Cross team followed us diligently to administer First Aid treatment to those that sustained injury along the way.

Is that clear?” He said again.

Yes sir!” We responded. He said it the third time and we responded the third time.

You are dismissed!” He finally responded and everybody dispersed to their various rooms. Irene, Lewa and I found ourselves went to our rooms together.