Forums » Singles' Discussion

I love him so much but he is not born again!

• July 27, 2015 7:56 AM CEST

How can I handle a man I love so much but is not born again? I love him so much, I love him with my life and I want him to be my husband. The only thing is that he is not born again, but he is a very good-natured person and loves me too. Can I marry him?

• 1 posts
    July 27, 2015 8:50 AM CEST
    That will be risky! if both of you do not have the same spiritual understanding it results in conflict. What you call a sin might not be a sin to him. Like pastor said one time "Mr good cannot be Mr right". You'll have let go of the emotions first, tarry in the place of prayer and hear what God has to say. If God is saying he'll become born again as the relationship progresses, hold on to God and continue to pray for him. But it won't be right to proceed with marriage if he is not genuinely born again.
    • 60 posts
    July 27, 2015 8:13 PM CEST
    Like my friend once said, love is not enough, you are not God and so you can't change him, don't bother praying because your prayer will be emotional and God can't speak when our emotion is involved so make it clear to him its either he's born again or there's no relationship. That will prove how much he loves you. Don't be unequally yoked 2cor 6:14
    • 212 posts
    July 29, 2015 2:41 PM CEST

I really understand you dear lady. I know it is difficult but you cannot marry a man who does not share the same father with yu. He may be good natured but can he allow you do God's will and fulfill your calling? Can he support God's vision for your life? Can he be there for you as a spiritual leader,a priest and a Head? Can he stand in the gap for the family? Can he cover your head?  Marry a man that loves God and would delibrately do his will and your life purpose can be preserved. If you go ahead and marry the guy that gives you butterfly feeling (there are gody men that still gives butterfly feeling) and you do not listen to instruction,he will wake up one day and fight your faith and one thing about our believes and faith is ,they stay with us and cause a void when we do not do accordingly. You do not want to be in a marriage where you have emotionaly love but a void in your heart.