Forums » Faith Lift with Tunde Afe

Don't Throw Away Your Confidence! Part 1

• 58 posts
    August 1, 2015 8:17 AM CEST

Part One.

My dear Friend, Have you ever gotten so exhausted from waiting for God's promise to come to pass that you were tempted to say, "Forget it! I've waited long enough!

I'm not going to sit here and wait any longer. I've given enough of my life to this, and I'm tired of it. I'm going to throw the whole Faith thing away and move on with my life!"

If this is a temptation for you, then you need to read Hebrews 10:35—God's strong warning that urges us to never quit and to never give up.

This verse says:

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward."
    [Hebrews 10:35]

The words "cast not away" are taken from the Greek word apoballo, which is a compound of the words apo and ballo. The word apo means away, and the word ballo means to throw something, such as a ball, rock, or some other object.

When these two words are put together, it means to throw away; to discard; or to get rid of something no longer desired, needed, or wanted.

Let's consider this verse again:

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
    —Hebrews 10:35

It is very interesting that the above scripture was written to believers who had suffered much for their faith. They had endured so much hardships but still remained faithful to the call of God and to their firm belief in God's promises.

They had already been believing for God to turn their tragedies into victories for multiple years. It is quite possible that they began to wonder:

"Is God ever going to turn our mourning into rejoicing"

"Is He really going to turn our ashes into beauty"

"How much longer do we have to wait for the promises of God to come to pass"

"Did we misunderstand the promises of God"

"Are we waiting for something that is never going to happen"

This is why Hebrews 10:35 encouraged these believers not to cast away their confidence in God"

My dear friend, are you in this same situation today? Are you almost tired of continuously trusting God for His promises to come to pass in your life?

The Lord asked me to tell you :

"Don't discard, dispel, dismiss, dump, or cast off your bold declaration of faith, because it has great recompense of reward"

My dear friend I'm urging you today not to let the devil talk you into tossing away your faith.

Keeping on believing God! Keep on trusting in Him! Keep on making your bold declaration of Faith.

Your pay day is around the corner.

God is at work on your behalf.

He is working things out for you.

Step out today again in Faith !

It's a resoundingly blessed day for you in Jesus name!

WePrevail by His Word!

• August 10, 2015 2:08 PM CEST

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!