Forums » Singles' Discussion

She is not beautiful or attractive!

• August 6, 2015 8:25 AM CEST

Israel, never for once saw comfort as a beautiful woman. She is neither beautiful or too ugly in his opinion.
    When Israel sought the face of God concerning marriage, comfort was dropped in his spirit man. He rebuked it several times using different scriptures to pray against it. He struggled a lot as it was only comfort his peace was found.

He eventually got closer to comfort to know her better and he discovered she has ALL the qualities he ever prayed and wanted in a woman only that she was still not physically beautiful nor attractive to him

Question
    Since God is in it can I still marry her despite the fact that she is not beautiful or attractive to me?

• August 6, 2015 7:12 PM CEST

CAPITAL YES! Favour is deceitful , and beauty is VAIN............... prov 31:30  

My brother looks fade away, beauty is just skin deep and in the beholder's eye. If God is saying YES so why not go ahead?? What is the point in having an attractive  woman and there is no peace or God is saying no? See, i usually say something that every woman is beautiful and attractive only if you want to see it and by the time she "tush up" and all that you will be surprised. so my dear brother Isreal God has spoken and besides she has all the things you wanted in a woman, so what?
    • 11 posts
    August 6, 2015 11:03 PM CEST
    Men are very visual beings, and truly, many Christian men who are really led into relationships will struggle with this. You see, God is not looking at physical appearance. He is looking at the heart and the fruits we bear. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Though men may get stuck sometimes in boyhood fantasies of beauty. My assessment is that all women converge to approximate equal levels of attractiveness as the years go by. So, what will you do when today's distinctive beauty in that other girl fades away? What will happen to your love if she falls and breaks her nose, or has a big cut on her face that becomes a big scar?
    Physical beauty is a qualification for beauty championships, not for 'Helpmeetship'!
    For God to be so interested in this to trouble your spirit with revelations and confirmations, if you choose outside his will, you are on your own.
    Give her the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates!
    • 60 posts
    August 7, 2015 5:27 AM CEST
    My brother this is the one desire of a true believer, God okays it, and inner beauty, physical beauty is only an added advantage, say jara. The worst thing to happen to a brother is to marry an empty comcom (container), I can understand if you are one of these boys who are yet to understand the meaning of marriage. Rush that gift from God and love her with your life. Its content before container
    This post was edited by Akaninwor Young at August 7, 2015 5:30 AM CEST