Forums » Faith Lift with Tunde Afe

Unforgiveness: The Biggest Enemy Of Faith

• 58 posts
    August 17, 2015 8:04 AM CEST

Unforgiveness: The Biggest Enemy Of Faith

Part One.

The greatest enemy to faith is unforgiveness.

In Mark 11:22-24:

"Jesus answered and said to them, Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, That whosoever says to this mountain, Be removed, and be cast into the sea; and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray believe that you receive them, and you will have them"

Jesus was talking about faith in verse 22, how to release your faith through your words in verse 23, and how to release your faith in your praying in verse 24. In the following two verses[ Mark 11:25-26 ] He said that the biggest enemy to walk of faith is unforgiveness or offense.

"And whenever you stand praying, if you have ought against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses" [Mark 11:25-26]

Notice Jesus said, “…if you have ought against any.” Ought is holding a grudge against someone for any reason. A grudge implies some sort of bitterness. The Bible speaks of a root of bitterness that defiles peoples' lives [Heb. 12:15]

Jesus said all things are possible in prayer. However, He pointed out that if you don’t deal with unforgiveness, none of your praying, your saying, or your faith will work!

Unforgiveness is the door through which the devil enters. He knows that he can neutralize your faith with unforgiveness faster than any other way.

My dear friend, anytime you are feeling mistreated, you must know that the devil is working on you to get you trapped in unforgiveness so that your Faith won't produce the desired result.

If someone really did you wrong, you must forgive them, by releasing them of any unforgiveness on your part. Watch it, because those feelings and that voice of offense will tell you that you have been mistreated. The devil will continue to work on you to set up an offense[ a trap ]

You must not speak against or attack those who have mistreated you. When you release and forgive them, something positive will happen inside you.

I have come to realize that God can never bless us on the lines of being hardhearted, critical, or unforgiving. This will hinder faith quicker than anything will.

I believe there are many people who would have been healed, but they are harboring things in their hearts that are hindering their healing!

My dear friend, Let these things go. Forgive and the Lord will forgive you. There are many good people who have not made progress in their walk with God because an offense came into their hearts years ago and their faith have been paralyzed ever since.

…faith which worketh by love. (Gal. 5:6)

Your faith life will not work properly if you are not walking in love. Faith works by love! If your mountain keeps standing there in the same old place and you not receiving what you are praying for, and your faith is not working, the problem is not with God!

The first thing you need to check is your love walk. Evaluate the way you are talking, acting, and conducting your relationships.

Walk in love, because faith works by love!

Let go of that offense so that a time of refreshing from The Lord can come upon you.

It's a new day for you in Jesus name!

WePrevail by His Word

• August 17, 2015 5:51 PM CEST

God bless you sir.